ACCS has initiated the ACCS-CDAC Foundation award to recognize exceptional individuals in computing and communications sciences. The Award instituted in 2004, with the Center for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC), fosters the development and dissemination of the theory and applications of Computing and Communications sciences. The Award is given to the outstanding contributions and accomplishments that have had a significant and demonstrable effect on the practice of computing and communications.
Nominations for the ACCS-CDAC Foundation are called for six months ahead of the ADCOM conference and the winner is selected by a select committee constituted by the Executive Council of the ACCS. The award committee has a representation each from ACCS and CDAC besides the outstanding individuals from the industry.
ACCS-CDAC Foundation Lecture Awards Nomination Norms
The following norms may kindly be kept in view while forwarding nominations:
- The nominee should have made outstanding contributions to the broad areas of Advanced Computing and Communications, which are topics of great interest to both the CDAC and ACS community;
- The nominee should be a person of national/international repute in the above fields and could be from the industry or academia or R&D Labs;
- The Foundation Lecture is expected to cover current research and development trends in the above fields with specific references to the outstanding contributions made by the Awardee;
- Self-nomination is prohibited.
CDAC-ACCS Foundation Lecture Awards Nomination Format
The Format for sending nominations for CDAC-ACS Foundation Lecture Award is provided below:
- Date of birth
- Contact details viz: Phone, Fax, E-mail
- Academic Qualifications
- Positions Held
- Awards/Honours/Recognitions received
- Fellowships of Academies
- Memberships of Professional Societies
- Outstanding Contributions made by the Nominee
- Products/Projects guided by the Nominee
- Significant International Journal Publications of the Nominee during the last five years.
- Citation in about 50 words
- Any other relevant information.
Please send in your nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or By post:
Advanced Computing & Communications Society
Gate #2, CV Raman Avenue, Indian Institute of Science,
Bangalore 560 012, India
Telephone: +91 80 2360 7142