ACCS provides its members with an opportunity to form Institutional Chapters in different parts of the country in order to organize various Programmes/Conferences/Events for the benefit of ACCS members locally as well as the ACCS Community in general.
Below mentioned are the Norms of Institutional Chapters:
- All executive committee members of the Institutional Chapter should be the life members of ACCS.
- The local chapter should have at least 10 life members to start with and should grow up to 20 life members at the end of 2 years.
- The membership applications and the amount received towards the membership should be sent to the parent body.
- Students can be accepted as Associate Annual Members of ACCS @ Rs.100/- per annum, but they are not voting members.
- Student members accepted at local chapters are associated with the concerned local chapter only.
- Once in 6 months, the Institutional Chapter presents its accounts to the parent body.
- In the AGM, the local chapter should also present the audited accounts along with that of ACCS.
- The local chapter gets the following amount:
- i) Authentication certificate by the HQ.
- ii) A portion of interest accrued over Life membership amount.
- iii) 50% of Annual membership amount.
- iv) Full amount of Student membership.
- If the speaker is chosen from outside, the up and down fare and the local hospitality has to be borne by the local chapter.
- Expectations by ACCS HQ of the local chapter and vice-versa are made clear at the time of formation of the chapter and amended as and when required.
- ACCS to provide speakers to the local chapter whenever the concerned members happened to visit the place and vice-versa and thereby contribute to the development of technical activity.
- The local chapter should arrange one lecture workshop per month in and around the local chapter and the registration should be free for the permanent members of the Society and certificates to be issued to the participants of the workshop.
Click here to download Guidelines for Formation of Chapters.
Details of Coimbatore Institutional Chapter
The ACCS Coimbatore Chapter which was formed in 2004 is vibrant. It organizes various programmes/conferences/events for the benefit of the members locally as well as the ACS community in general.
INFINITUM ’06 – a National level technical symposium was organized by the Chapter on 7 Jan 2006 and along with PSG College of Technology, seeking grants from AICTE for setting up Institutes-Industries cluster bringing together institutions and industries in and around the region to derive the benefits of resource sharing.
It is organizing “ACS International Conference on Global Software Development” during 26-28 July 2007 in association with PSG College of Technology. For more details please log on to: www.psgtech.edu/icgsd.html
For Chapter activities, please contact:
Dr. A. Chitra
Secretary – ACCS Coimbatore Chapter
Professor - Department of Computer Science and Engineering
PSG College of Technology
Coimbatore - 641 004
Phone: (0422)4344777 Extn: 4232
Fax: (0422) 2573833
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Click here to download details of Coimbatore Institutional Chapter.